Initiated by the Royal Film Commission – Jordan, Sud Ecriture, Tunisia and the Huston School of Film & Digital Media, Ireland and co-financed by the Euromed Audiovisual Programme of the European Union, Med Film Factory is an advanced training programme, aimed at semi-professional teams of Arab film directors and producers from the MENA region.
Med Film Factory offers them the opportunity to advance their creative and professional skills while supporting the realization of their projects through three interrelated session:
- Directors’ Workshop (July 2012)
- Producers’ Coaching Programme (December 2012)
- Independent Film Assembly (Spring 2013)
Med Film Factory teams, tutors and mentors will provide directors and producers with an ongoing support between sessions and after the program has ended to strengthen their projects and develop them further.
- Med Film Factory is focused on strengthening the film industry in the Middle East and North Africa- MENA region (namely Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Tunis, Algeria and Morocco). Hence, applicants must have a MENA nationality.
- Applications must be submitted by a team of director and producer only, single applicants are not eligible.
- It is not eligible to apply as a director/producer.
- Applicants must be working on their first or second feature narrative film project.
- Teams must submit a complete feature narrative screenplay in English. (Arabic or French scripts will be considered for initial application, but an English translation should be provided by the applicant when requested by Med Film Factory at the short listing stage).
- Directors may be screenwriter/directors or involved in writing the project.
- Clearances for all script rights are a prerequisite.
For further information: