International Theatre Residence program in Nicosia (Cyprus), June 2014International Theatre Residence program in Nicosia (Cyprus), June 2014 https://euromediter.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/images-2.jpg 153 329 Euro Mediter https://euromediter.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/images-2.jpg
A Call for Participation has been published to take part in an “International Theatre Residence program in Nicosia (Cyprus)”, which will be held in June 2014.
The call is open to dramatists who live or were born in Greece, Turkey or Cyprus.
This initiatives is promoted within the “WALLS_separate worlds” project.
This artist residency foresees a series of activities, such as a stage reading of selected works within the buffer zone in Nicosia. The works will be read in Greek (translated from Turkish and Turkish-Cypriot) and Turkish (translated from Greek and Greek-Cypriot) by actresses and actors from Cyprus, Greece and Turkey involved in the project.
The works submitted must be related to the theme of the walls, symbolic and concrete, that construct separations and misunderstandings, and could deal with one of the following aspects:
– The walls in conflict and post-conflict situations, where people live in deprivation, not only of the places but also of the memories;
– The ambivalent relations between enemy and friend, the enemy being the person behind (your) wall;
– The ability to pass through the walls;
– In particular the call to participation relates to the experiences connected with the history of the geographical area involved.
The directives say that:
– Each author may submit only one entry (10-12 minutes);
– Works must be original and unreleased;
– Entries must be sent in PDF format (not editable);
– Entries must be written in Greek or Turkish (including the Greek-Cypriot and Turkish-Cypriot), and accompanied by a complete translation in English;
– The request must include the applicant’s contacts and CV (in separate files);
– Complete version of the work;
– A statement in which the applicant allows the free use of the text for the WALLS project activities.
Authors are invited to send their requests to the following email address: email@example.com, for the attention of Roberta Quarta (project coordinator).
The deadline to submit is January 31, 2014.
For further information click on Babelmed website: